Airbnb blamed after 19-month-old died from fentanyl exposure

Enora Lavenir was 19 months old when she died from fentanyl toxicity in an Airbnb rental. (Courtesy of the Lavenir family)

The parents of a 19-month-old girl who died from a fentanyl overdose when she came into contact with drug residue in a lakehouse Airbnb rental during a family vacation have filed a wrongful death lawsuit.

Lydie and Boris Lavenir said their daughter Enora died from acute fentanyl toxicity during a stay at a home in August 2021 in Wellington, Florida, about 16 miles west of West Palm Beach.

The lawsuit, which was first filed in December in Florida, seeks claims against Airbnb, the property owner, the property manager, and the previous tenant who the family says hosted a drug-fueled party before they rented it.

“I don’t think they’ll ever fully come to terms with this,” the family’s lawyer Adam Rose, told Law&Crime of the family’s devastation.

Leave a Comment