Alex Caceres is an accomplished American mixed martial artist who has been actively participating in the sport since 2008. Initially honing his skills in the regional circuit, Caceres’s talents caught the attention of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), leading to his inclusion in the reality TV series, The Ultimate Fighter: Team GSP vs. Team Koscheck. This pivotal moment in his career marked his transition to the grand stage of the UFC. He is currently in a relationship with his beautiful girlfriend, Kashmeer Ramhit.
As of December 19, 2022, Caceres holds the impressive #15 spot in the UFC featherweight rankings, a testament to his skill, perseverance, and continued success in the division. With a remarkable journey in the MMA realm, Caceres has proven himself as a force to be reckoned with among the elite featherweight fighters of the UFC. His other name is Bruce Leeroy.
What is Alex Caceres’s Ethnicity?
Alex Caceres, born on June 20, 1988, hails from Miami, Florida, in the United States. He holds American nationality and has a mixed ethnicity, being of Cuban and Dominican descent. As of 2022, he celebrated his 34th birthday. Caceres faced challenges in his upbringing, growing up in a less privileged neighborhood as the son of a drug dealer. He endured difficult experiences, including being molested by a rival drug dealer when his father was imprisoned. Eventually, his family moved to a more affluent suburb. Caceres has an elder brother named José Leonardo Cáceres Ovelar, who is known as “The Fresh Prince of Kendall” in the MMA community. His zodiac sign falls under Gemini and her religion is Christian.
Caceres trains at
the Young Tigers Foundation and is known for his inventive and creative fighting style. He often showcases a unique trait of smiling during competitions. Notably, prior to joining The Ultimate Fighter, he never had a fight go the distance, consistently delivering exciting performances. Caceres earned the nickname “Bruce Leeroy,” which references the character from the film The Last Dragon, reflecting his charisma and distinctive approach to the sport.
How was the Career of Alex Caceres?
- Alex Caceres began his fighting career in an underground backyard street fighting organization in Miami before transitioning to professional MMA promotions in Florida.
- In his early fights, he showcased his grappling skills, submitting his opponents with techniques like the rear naked choke and triangle choke. He experienced a two-fight losing streak but bounced back with a TKO victory against Jahmal McLennan.
- His talent caught the attention of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), and he was selected to compete on The Ultimate Fighter: Team GSP vs. Team Koscheck.
- In his first fight on the show, he submitted Paul Barrow in the first round.
- He advanced to the quarter-finals by defeating Jeff Lentz with a triangle choke in the second round. However, Michael Johnson defeated Caceres via unanimous decision (20-18, 20-18, 20-18) after two rounds in episode 10.
- Alex Caceres, also known as “Bruce Leeroy,” made his official UFC debut on March 26, 2011, against Mackens Semerzier at UFC Fight Night: Nogueira vs. Davis. Unfortunately, he lost the fight in the first round via submission.
- In his second UFC fight, Caceres was set to face Leonard Garcia on August 14, 2011, at UFC Live: Hardy vs. Lytle. However, Garcia withdrew due to injury, and Caceres faced Jimy Hettes instead. Caceres was submitted with a rear-naked choke in the second round.
- He then moved down to the bantamweight division and faced Cole Escovedo on November 12, 2011, at UFC on Fox 1. He won the fight by unanimous decision, displaying improved striking and ground skills.
- He faced Edwin Figueroa on February 4, 2012, at UFC 143. Despite the fight being a split decision, Caceres lost due to being docked two points for groin strikes.
- He rebounded with a submission victory over Damacio Page on July 11, 2012, at UFC on Fuel TV: Munoz vs. Weidman, earning him the Submission of the Night bonus.
- He continued his success by defeating Motonobu Tezuka via split decision on February 23, 2013, at UFC on Fuel TV 8. However, this win was later overturned to a No Contest after Caceres failed a post-fight drug test for marijuana.
- He faced a series of opponents, including Roland Delorme, Sergio Pettis, and Urijah Faber, experiencing both victories and losses. He earned his first Fight of the Night bonus in a back-and-forth battle against Yair Rodriguez on August 6, 2016, at UFC Fight Night 92.
- In recent years, Caceres has had mixed results with wins over Martin Bravo, Chase Hooper, and Kevin Croom.
- He also received the Performance of the Night bonus for his technical knockout victory against Julian Erosa on December 17, 2022, at UFC Fight Night 216.
- Most recently, Caceres faced Daniel Pineda on June 3, 2023, at UFC on ESPN 46 and secured a unanimous decision win.
- Alex has a professional mixed martial arts record of 35 matches, with 21 wins, 13 losses, and 1 no-contest. Out of his wins, 4 have come by knockout, 7 by submission, and 10 by decision. He has suffered 1 loss by knockout, 7 by submission, and 5 by decision. Additionally, Caceres has one fight that was declared a no-contest.
Alex Caceres Awards and Achievements
Mixed martial arts
Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Fight of the Night (Four times) vs. Sergio Pettis, Yair Rodríguez, Martín Bravo and Daniel Pineda
- Performance of the Night (Two times) vs. Seung Woo Choi and Julian Erosa
- Submission of the Night (Two times) vs. Damacio Page and Sergio Pettis
- 2014 January Submission of the Month vs. Sergio Pettis
Who is Alex Caceres’s girlfriend?
Alex Caceres and his girlfriend, Kashmeer Ramhit have a fairytale love story that has stood the test of time. Their relationship can be traced back to at least 2012 based on their shared pictures on Ramhit’s Instagram feed. It is evident that their bond predates their social media presence. Looking at Ramhit’s Instagram, it becomes clear why Caceres is enamored with her. Ramhit holds a degree in Naturopathic Medicine, which she obtained from the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and Health Sciences in 2019. She is not only a licensed Naturopathic Doctor but also the founder of the Colonic Center of Plantation.
Their love story is a testament to their strong connection and mutual support. Despite the demands of Caceres’ MMA career, they have remained together, nurturing their relationship over the years. The bond between Caceres and Ramhit extends beyond their shared experiences, with Ramhit’s professional accomplishments adding another layer to their dynamic partnership. The duo is enjoying their current life a lot. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Alex Caceres’s Net Worth?
Alex Caceres, a renowned MMA fighter, has not only achieved success in the octagon but also established himself as a talented artist. With an estimated net worth of $4 million in 2023, his primary source of wealth stems from his flourishing fighting career. Caceres earns a salary of around $70,000 per fight, which includes his base pay and any performance bonuses that he may receive. He has earned a substantial income through his participation in the UFC, as well as lucrative sponsorships and endorsements. Notable brands like Monster Energy and Hayabusa have recognized his appeal, and he has even made appearances in movies such as “Never Back Down: No Surrender.” Caceres’ unique style and captivating personality have attracted a large following on social media, contributing to his overall success. Despite his accomplishments, Caceres remains grounded and dedicated to his craft. He continues to train diligently, striving to achieve both personal and professional goals both inside and outside the Octagon. Since his professional debut in 2008, Caceres has amassed an impressive $1,756,000 in prize money, a testament to his skill and determination. His exciting fighting style and flashy techniques have garnered him recognition and admiration from fans and fellow fighters alike, cementing his status as a respected figure in the world of mixed martial arts.
For his thrilling match against Julian Erosa at UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs. Strickland, he received a total of $140,000, comprising a $60,000 fight salary and a win bonus of the same amount, along with a $20,000 fight week incentive. Similarly, his impressive performance against Sodiq Yosuf at UFC Fight Night: Santos vs. Ankalaev earned him a total of $150,000, which included a $60,000 fight salary, a win bonus of $60,000, a $20,000 fight week incentive, and an additional $10,000 from a brand sponsorship. Furthermore, Caceres’s exceptional showing against SeungWoo Choi at UFC Fight Night: Costa vs. Vettori resulted in a substantial payday of $221,000. This amount encompassed a fight salary of $75,000, a win bonus of the same amount, a Performance of the Night bonus of $50,000, and a fight week incentive pay of $21,000. Caceres has consistently demonstrated his worth as a fighter, as evidenced by his impressive earnings from various UFC events.
How tall is Alex Caceres?
Alex Caceres possesses a striking physical appearance, characterized by his handsome features and muscular body build. Standing at a height of 1.75 meters and weighing around 66 kilograms, he maintains a fit and healthy physique. With his black hair and captivating black eyes, Caceres exudes a certain allure and charm.
Caceres is known for his commitment to maintaining his physical fitness through regular exercise. His dedication to staying in shape is evident in his well-toned body, which complements his charming smile and radiant facial complexion. By prioritizing fitness and adopting a healthy lifestyle, Caceres showcases his commitment to his athletic endeavors in the world of mixed martial arts.