Lauenburg Fire Department
Apartment fire: residents rescued with an escape hood to the outside
Because the stairwell was full of smoke, the rescuers took a resident wearing a mask from his apartment on Berliner Strasse.
Lauenburg. To a apartment fire advanced a fire engine Volunteer fire brigade Lauenburg out on Friday evening. Two resident could be rescued from the smoke-filled apartment building on Berliner Straße, one with a so-called escape hood.
The integrated rescue control center south in Bad Oldesloe had alarmed by radio at around 9:38 p.m. The rescuers, who immediately made their way from the fire station in the disaster control center on the Reeperbahn to the scene, almost 700 meters away, were informed that the stairwell of the apartment building was full of smoke and that one person in the attic was trapped in the smoke.
With breathing apparatus in the smoke-filled stairwell
As soon as they arrived, the attack team equipped themselves with respiratory protection in order to initiate rescue immediately at the scene. The driver of the vehicle was the first to enter the building to investigate, while an extinguishing attack was being set up in front of the house. The firefighters then found that the man was in the back of the attic and prepared his rescue.
An attack team entered the house wearing respiratory protection and went up the smoke-filled stairwell. They had a so-called escape hood with them: This is a hood with a viewing window and filter that is pulled over the head. It is used to rescue people from fires in smoky rooms. A filter prevents the toxic fire gases from being inhaled.
Escape hood filters toxic fumes from the air
Under such an escape hood, the firefighters led the resident outside. At the same time, the extinguishing attack in the stairwell was prepared. The cause was a room fire on the first floor of the house. Rescuing the trapped person first had priority, after which the firefighters opened the apartment door and extinguished the fire.
Two residents were then treated by paramedics. Police are now investigating how the fire started. It was the 48th mission this year for the volunteer rescuers.
Sunday, May 21, 2023, 11:29 a.m
More articles from this category can be found here: Lauenburg
#Apartment #fire #residents #rescued #escape #hood
More From Shayari.Page