An Indian politician, cricket commentator, television personality, and former international cricket player is Navjot Singh Sidhu.
In Patiala, Punjab, India, on October 20, 1963, he entered the world. His father was a cricket player. While studying at HR College of Business and Economics, Sidhu focused on Mumbai. In 1981, he made his debut in first-class cricket, and in 1983, he became an international. He often played as a top-requested batsman.
He was chosen on a Bharatiya Janata Party ticket to seat Amritsar in the Lok Sabha in 2004. He and Navjot Kaur Sidhu are married. Rabia Sidhu and Karan Sidhu are the parents of two or three.
To know more about inspirational people, you can read Famous People Quotes.
Navjot Singh Sidhu Cricket Career
In November 1981, he played for Punjab versus Services in Amritsar, earning his first five stars. He scored 51 runs to start the inning. He and his team won the game in an innings.
In cricket, he possessed a shaky touch and was also capable of devastating spinners with his ruthless stroke play. His Test career started in 1983–84, and he came back in a big way for the 1987 World Cup. There, he opened with four 50 in such a sequence finally going so over line. He participated in about 51 Tests and 136 One-Day Internationals for the nation as a top-requested batter in general. His 201 against the West Indies in 1996–1997 was his greatest second in a test. Its 11-hour duration was an example of unmatched tenacity.
He announced his resignation from any and all disciplines in cricket in December 1999. He participated in over 100 ODIs and over 51 Test matches, amassing over 7,000 runs internationally. He also picked up the
moniker “Jonty Singh”. Navjot Singh Sidhu earned the moniker “Sixer Sidhu” because of his prowess at six-hitting.
Commentator and Television Career`11
He turned to analysis and television after retiring. He judged satirical programs and frequently appeared on Comedy Nights with Kapil and afterward The Kapil Sharma Show.
When India travelled to Sri Lanka in 2001, Sidhu started working as an observer. He was well-known for his “Sidhuism” jokes. The documentation for an editorial on Ten Sports was also completed by him. Additionally, he appeared as a professional on a few Indian news programs. He resumed playing with ESPN Star Sports in 2012. During the Indian Premier League match in 2014, he provided editorial services to Sony.
On the tv show The Great Indian Laughter Challenge, he appeared as a judge. He subsequently featured in plenty of other works that were comparable. He competed in season six of the unscripted television show Big Boss.
He appeared as a super enduring guest on the parody program 2013 Comedy Nights with Kapil till the show’s cancellation in 2016. On The Kapil Sharma Show seasons 1 and 2 and Family Time With Kapil Sharma, he was also regarded as a frequent guest. He was then replaced by Archana Puran Singh of season 2 of The Kapil Sharma Show.
He was also a reporter covering a cricket game in the 2004 Hindi movie Mujhse Shaadi Karogi. In 2008, he additionally had a significant role in the Punjabi film Mera Pind. He was featured on ABCD 2 in 2015.
Political Career of Navjot Singh Sidhu
He entered the Bharatiya Janata Party in 2004 and simultaneously contested the Amritsar region’s political leadership. He won the election, kept the position until 2014, and went on to win the next general election. He was voted to represent Punjab to Rajya Sabha in 2016. He quit the job and the party at around the same time. He entered the Indian National Congress in 2017 and also was elected representing Amritsar East to the Punjab Legislative Assembly. As the Minister of Tourism and Local Bodies for Project Virasat, he produced outstanding results.
In September 2016, he created a new parliamentary group called Awaaz-e-Punjab with Pargat Singh and the Bains siblings.
As of July 2021, he succeeded Shri Sunil Jakhar as President of the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee. In September 2021, he resigned from his position as president of the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee, but the top brass disregarded his consent.
On May 19, 2022, the Supreme Court sentenced Navjot Singh Sidhu, the former president of the Punjab Congress, to one year in prison in a case involving extreme rage that had been going on for three decades.
Here are the some of the best Quotes on Navjot Singh Sidhu:
Navjot Singh Sidhu Quotes
- One who doesn’t throw the dice can never expect to score a six. Navjot Singh
- Sidhu When you are dining with a demon, you got to have a long spoon. Navjot
- Singh Sidhu Anybody can pilot a ship when the sea is calm. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- The third umpires should be changed as often as nappies and for the same reason. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Wickets are like wives. You never know what to expect from them. Navjot Singh Sidhu
Inspirational Quotes by Navjot Singh Sindhu
- The cat with gloves catches no mice. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- I have seen many ladies displaying different styles and different styles displaying ladies. Navjot Singh Sidhu Nobody travels on the road to success without a puncture or two. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- There is light at the end of the tunnel for India, but it’s that of an oncoming train which will run them over. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Nothing ventured, nothing gained. And venture belongs to the adventurous. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- The ball whizzes past like a bumblebee and the Indians are in the sea. Navjot Singh Sidhu
Famous Quotes by NAVJOT SINGH SIDHU
- The Indians are finding the gaps like a pin in a haystack. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- It’s like the brooding hen sitting over a china egg. Navjot Singh Sidhu After marriage, the other man’s wife looks more beautiful. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Even a cock crows over his own dunghill. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- You have to choose between tightening your belt or losing your pants. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- He will fight a rattlesnake and give it the first two bites too. Navjot Singh Sidhu A revolutionary idea is usually one with its sleeves rolled up. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- We’ll take the cake with the red cherry on top. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- You can’t play a symphony alone, it takes an orchestra to play it. Navjot Singh Sidhu
Quotes by Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Beware of the naked man who offers you his shirt. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- A fallen lighthouse is more dangerous than a reef. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- If the heavens throw you dates, you gotta keep your mouth open. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Age has been the perfect fire extinguisher for flaming youth. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- I am a sepoy and will follow the guidance of my leaders. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- We are all Adam’s children – it’s just the skin that makes all the difference. Navjot Singh Sidhu
We know that quotes from famous personalities are very impactful and can change anyone’s perspective. It has also been seen numerous times that such inspirational words trigger personal development. So, why not use them as motivational tools for yourself? For more motivational quotes, you can visit Republic Quote.
I hope you enjoy these inspiring quotes and are inspired by them.