Need to remove the notification bar from a capture? Learn how to take a screenshot of just a part of the screen on your cell phone and computer
(updated at 00:54)
It is possible to take a screenshot of only a part of the screen to avoid unnecessary parts of the image, such as the notification bar or an ad. It can be done on mobile and computer, without the need to use another photo editor.
Android, iOS, macOS and Windows all have native capabilities for partial screenshots. You can choose between keeping the original print and the cropped copy or saving only what you want to show in the final result, discarding the full screen image.
How to take screenshot of a part of the screen on Android
- Press the lock button and the volume down key at the same time;
- After capturing, wait for a menu to appear at the bottom of the screen;
- Tap the icon to crop the image;
- Select the part of the image you want to keep;
- Press arrow icon to save.
Android will only save the cropped portion of the capture. To get the full screen, it is necessary to take another screenshot.
Tip: Partial screenshot on Samsung Galaxy
The Edge panel is a feature exclusive to Samsung Galaxy phones. In it, it is possible to configure several widgets, including a form of partial screen capture.
- On the Samsung cell phone, slide the screen to the left side and open the panel;
- Select the gear icon;
- Activate the “Smart Selection” widget;
- Return to the panel and slide to the side until you find this option;
- Tap “Rectangle”;
- Select a part of the screen and capture it.
How to take screenshot of a part of the screen in iOS
- Press the side button and the volume up button at the same time;
- Tap the thumbnail of the capture, displayed in the lower left corner of the screen;
- Crop the image as you like;
- Tap the share icon to save it.
How to take a screenshot of a part of the screen on macOS
- Press Command + Shift + 4;
- The mouse cursor will be replaced by a “+” icon;
- Click and drag over the section you want to capture;
- After hearing a capture sound, access the image in the “Desktop” folder.
You can also use the shortcut Command + Shift + 4 to take a screenshot of the entire screen.
How to take a screenshot of a part of the screen in Windows
- Press Windows + Shift + S to open the Snipping Tool;
- Click and drag over the content you want to capture.
After printing, Windows sends the image to the computer’s clipboard. You can also find it in the notifications screen and complete editing through the Capture and Sketch app.
On the computer, it is also possible to use other shortcuts to take a screenshot, such as Print Screen + Alt to remove the start menu or from the Xbox Game Bar.
Trending on Canaltech:
#print #part #screen