Mohamed Al-Fayed Net Worth– In 2023, Mohamed’s net worth 2023 Was $2 Billion. In this article, we will learn about “Mohamed Al-Fayed Net Worth, Salary, How Much is The Egyptian Businessman’s Wealth?”
Mohamed, an Egyptian businessman, resided in the United Kingdom from the mid-1960s and owned several notable businesses including the Hôtel Ritz Paris, Harrods department store, and Fulham Football Club in London. He passed away in 2023, leaving behind an estimated wealth of US$2 billion, which ranked him as the 1,493rd richest person in the world.
Mr. Al-Fayed passed away at the age of 94 in London on August 30, 2023, due to natural causes. His burial took place on September 1 after the Friday prayers at London Central Mosque.
How Much is Mohamed Al-Fayed Net Worth?
Mohamed’s net worth in 2023 Was $2 Billion. Mohamed Fayed is a successful businessman who has owned multiple properties throughout Europe, including in the United Kingdom. One of his most notable business interests is the Ritz Paris, and he used to own Harrods and the Premier League football club Fulham. He sold Harrods to Qatar Holding in 2010 for a reported $2.4 billion. Fayed is also known for his first son, Dodi, who tragically passed away with Princess Diana in the infamous 1997 car crash in Paris.
Fayed’s significant project has been the Balnagown Estate in Scotland, which he purchased in 1972. Over the years, he has expended more than £20 million on the property, increasing its size from 12 to approximately 65,000 acres. In addition, he renovated the 14th-century Balnagown Castle and created a lodging business for tourists.
Fayed founded the Al-Fayed Charitable Foundation in 1987 to support underprivileged children. The foundation collaborates with charities like Great Ormond Street Hospital and ChildLine. Additionally, Fayed bought Princess Diana’s former boarding school in Kent and created the New School at West Heath to aid children in need.
Fayed’s presence in England grew over time, as he and his brothers acquired a 30% stake in House of Fraser in 1984, eventually purchasing the remaining 70% in the following year. As a result, Fayed became the owner of the iconic Harrods store. During the 80s, he was involved in a highly-publicized dispute with businessman Roland Rowland, who attempted to take over Harrods. Fayed retained ownership until 2010, when he sold Harrods to Qatar Holdings for £1.5 billion.
Social Media Link
Read More: Jimmy Buffett Net Worth 2023