Roberto de Zerbi says Brighton will sign ‘big player’ if Moises Caicedo leaves club, as manager admits he’s unsure of midfielder’s future
- Brighton rejected another bid from Chelsea this week for the midfielder
- And the Ecuadorian played 59 minutes on Friday as his side lost in New Jersey
- DailyMail.com provides all the latest international sports news
Brighton manager Roberto de Zerbi was noncommittal Friday night on whether Moises Caicedo will remain at the club past the end of the transfer window.
Mail Sport previously reported that Brighton rejected a bid of £80million ($103million) from Chelsea for the player this week, and Caicedo started Brighton’s 2-1 loss to Newcastle in New Jersey.
‘If Caicedo leaves, we will bring another big player. If Caicedo stays with us I will be very happy,’ de Zerbi said after the match.
‘But it’s not my job to decide who leaves and who comes [to the club].’
‘It’s not my problem, the transfer market, ‘de Zerbi added earlier in the press conference.
‘I hope we can bring another couple of players because I need it. But if we sell anyone we will bring other big players, other good players.
Mail Sport reported earlier this month that Chelsea had a £70million ($90million) offer for the Ecuadorian rejected.
Chelsea’s latest offer, which was an offer of £75million ($96million) with £5million in add-ons, was the Blues’ fourth attempt to get the player.
Caicedo signed a fresh four-year contract with the club in March.
And with Brighton said to be holding out for £100m, Chelsea could be priced out of a move for the player.
Share or comment on this article:
#Roberto #Zerbi #Brighton #sign #big #player #Moises #Caicedo #leaves #club #manager #admits #hes #unsure #midfielders #future
More From Shayari.Page