Stabbing in Wellington: Police Launched Investigation

Stabbing in Wellington

In Wellington, a young man is believed to have been injured in an alleged stabbing incident that occurred in the early hours of Monday, May 29. The incident took place on Roly Poly Green, which is located approximately 400 yards away from Wellington Police Station on Victoria Street.

As of this morning, the communal green area, shaped like a square, remained closed to the public. The entire perimeter, which extends along Alexandra Road and Longforth Road, was cordoned off by the police. At the scene, police forensic officers were present, along with several police constables, police community support officers (PCSOs), cars, and other vehicles. The officers present at the green did not provide information to the public voluntarily.

Stabbing Incident Reported in Wellington Somerset 

In Wellington, Somerset, a stabbing incident occurred around 2 am near a wooden picnic table on the green. According to a neighbor, there was an altercation accompanied by vodka bottles scattered across the table. The police cordoned off the area at around 4 am. Although the neighbor did not witness the incident, there have been concerns about children gathering at the picnic table late at night and in the early hours.

In response to the incident, the police conducted door-to-door inquiries, seeking witnesses and requesting any available CCTV or doorbell camera footage. This incident comes just four months after the tragic stabbing death of 30-year-old Lewis Smith at a residence in Jurston Lane, Wellington. Nicholas Stutt, a 33-year-old resident of Laburnum Street, Taunton, has been charged with Mr. Smith’s murder and is scheduled to appear in Bristol Crown Court next month.


What Happened to Lewis Smith in Wellington in February?

In Wellington, Lewis Smith, a 30-year-old resident of Taunton, tragically lost his life on February 7 due to a fatal stab wound. Nicholas Stutt, a 33-year-old individual from Laburnum Street in Taunton, has been charged with murder in relation to this incident. Stutt appeared at Bristol Crown Court for a hearing, where he was remanded in custody until March 15 for a plea and case management hearing.

The family of Lewis Smith expressed their profound grief and devastation over his untimely death. In a heartfelt statement, they described him as a cherished son, brother, and nephew who was deeply loved by all. They shared that his loss has shattered their hearts and that he was a radiant presence in the lives of many, always embracing life to the fullest.

Despite facing challenges, Lewis remained resilient and determined, never giving up and always believing in his ability to succeed. The family bid him a peaceful rest, vowing to keep his memory alive in their hearts forever and expressing how deeply they will miss him every minute of every day.

Disclaimer: The above information is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site.

Leave a Comment