What does Status quo mean? Learn the meaning of Status quo as we define this advanced vocabulary word with a simple definition, pictures, example sentences, English pronunciation and audio.
Status quo definition (noun) the way things are
Status quo pronunciation: kwoh
Examples of Status quo in a sentence:
1. When the female judge was finally appointed to the bench, her appointment changed the status quo on the highest court in the land.
2. Many conservatives believe homosexual marriages are a threat to the moral status quo that is based on the principal of marriage between a man and a woman.
3. Many employees are joining the union because they are frustrated by the way they are treated under the status quo.
4. A lack of desire to change the status quo is the reason for the poor voter turnout at last year’s election.
5. As a whole, individuals have the tendency to be afraid of anything that challenges their personal beliefs by differing from the status quo.
Status quo synonyms and other related words for Status quo
circumstances, existing conditions, shape, condition, situation, status, trim, present state of affairs, existing condition, health, physical fitness, physical state, stamina, average, environment, norm, state, usual, how things stand, no change, parameters, repair, state of affairs, context, ordinary, convention, existing situation, expected, persistence, quality
Dictionary Definition & Sentences Page
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER + VISIT OUR VOCABULARY RESOURCE LEARNING WEBSITES (Bookmark ’em!) 👇
► http://VocabularyVideos.com – a memorable name that’ll redirect you to our word of the day vocabulary videos.
► https://WordsinaSentence.com – our sentence dictionary Website, where we define words with sentences
► https://Twitter.com/vocabularyhelp – Twitter account for my vocabularic tweets